Looking for a better snack? Our Whole Wheat Cookie with raisins, cranberries, oats, vanilla and brown sugar is a sweet, healthier choice to pair with a hot tea or coffee.
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup cranberries
3 cups old fashioned whole oats
Preheat oven to 325°F
1. Cream butter and sugar together in mixer at medium speed until light and creamy.
2. Scrape down sides. Add egg, one at a time, and continue mixing for about 1 minute.
3. Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to butter mixture and mix by hand until just combined.
5. Add oats & dried fruits and mix until just combined.
6. Use cookie dough scooper to drop dough onto cookie sheet, about 1-1/2” apart.*
7. Bake for 7 minutes and rotate tray to bake for another 7 minutes, until golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack.
*Can make dough ahead of time and freeze up to 1 month if sealed well.