Dough? Sweets? Words that make us smile. Phoenicia is famous for our pita bread conveyor belts that serve up fresh, piping hot loaves right into our customers’ hands. We like to call the spectacle “The Willy Wonka factory of pita!” Our daily production of pita, Mediterranean flat breads and pies cannot be found anywhere else in Houston–or in the country for that matter. We also offer a wide variety of artisan European-style breads every day to make the perfect sandwich or to accompany any meal.
We are proud to say that we think we have more sweets per square foot than any market you will step into. Our chefs specialize in both Mid-East and European pastries. If there is a baklava you crave, we have you covered with nearly 20 types of the sweet, syrup-dripping treats, from traditional recipes to our own creations such as Apple Baklava and Choco-Hazelnut Baklava! Our European pastries are known around town for their quality, authentic flavor and presentation. Our bakery will surely have something to feed your foodie!
Our selection of mostly imported confections could be categorized as the “United Nations of Chocolates and Candies.” The old-world staples found in Europe, the Americas and the Middle East can be found on our shelves, along with those regions’ new premium product lines.
To view a full product list, please visit our online store for one of the following locations. For shipping requests outside if the Houston area, please order from our Westheimer location.
Here are examples of some of the items we carry in this department, please go to our product lists above for our full list.
- Almond horn
- Angel wing
- Gourmet cookies
- Fruit tarts
- Fruit squares
- Specialty cakes
- Baklava (Armenian, Bird’s Nest, Choco, Finger, Pistachio, Turkish and Walnut) with some available as sugar-free
- Knefeh (Pistachio and Sweet Cheese)
- Mammoul (Date, Pistachio and Walnut) with some available as sugar-free
- Namoura (Almond and Coconut)
- Savory pies (Lamb & Potato, Feta & Spinach and Beef Sambosay, Spanikopita and Tyropita)
- Armenian choreg
- Country French
- Rustic rye
- Whole wheat
- Tannour [Naan]
- Cheese flat bread
- Zaatar [Thyme] flat bread
- Crunch (Almond, Nut & Seed, Peanut and Sesame)
- Fruit drops
- Halva (Almond, Chocolate, Honey, Marbled, Pistachio and Plain)
- Nougat (Almond, Hazelnut and Pistachio)
- Turkish delight
- Glazed fruits
- Bitter chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolates and fruit-filled chocolates from confectioners like:
- Swiss Alps
- E. Wedel