Crunchy, sweet and savory, add a new twist to your dinner table with this Mediterranean feature from the sea.
6 salmon fillets
For the Crust:
2 cups crushed pistachio pieces
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon tablespoons Zohrab's Italian Dipping Spice
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon Vegeta seasoning
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
3/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup olive oil
For Tamarind Paste:
1 cup tamarind paste
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup mild pepper paste
1/3 cup pomegranate molasses
1/3 cup hot pepper paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Chop pistachios into medium-fine pieces. Place into a bowl and add the remaining crust ingredients except for olive oil.
2. Stir pistachio mix until combined and add olive oil. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together Tamarind Paste ingredients.
4. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
5. On a foil lined baking sheet, grease lightly with olive oil.
6. Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towel.
7. Brush on tamarind paste onto each piece of salmon.
8. Set down the salmon fillet on the greased sheet about two inches apart.
9. Press pistachio mixture and firmly evenly on top of salmon fillets.
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of fish.
11. Remove from heat and let salmon sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with your favorite vegetables.