A deliciously hearty and warm seafood plate to make your belly happy on a cool winter's night.
5 red snapper fillet
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
15 garlic cloves, sliced
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes (16 oz.)
4 bay leaves
1 cup white wine
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-1/2 cups Kalamata olives, pitted
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. In a bowl, mix together kosher salt, white pepper, black pepper, garlic, paprika, onion and Cajun seasoning.
2. Rub onto fish and drizzle olive oil over each piece. Heat grill and lightly mark each side. Remove and keep warm.
(Optional: Instead of grilling, roast in oven at 350 °F for 12-16 minutes.)
For Pomodoro Sauce:
1. Cut kalamata olives in half.
2. Add the olive oil to a saute pan and heat to medium. Add the sliced garlic and saute until is golden. Add diced tomato, white wine, bay leaves, salt, pepper and kalamata olives. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat until just cooked through and then add the parsley to combine. Remove from heat.
3. On a plate, add a layer of the sauce (about 1 inch thick) and place the cooked fish on top. Serve warm.