Chewy Cocoa Cookie (Flourless) with Walnuts
A quick and very delicious fix to any chocolate craving.
2-1/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
1/4 tsp salt
4 large egg whites (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups walnuts
1. Spray top of parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease 2 baking sheets, as the batter will be very sticky.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar, cocoa and salt. Using a whisk, mix together until evenly blended and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and vanilla extract. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together. Batter will be syrupy thick when done.
4. Stir in walnuts.
5. Using a cookie scoop, drop wet dough mounds onto the sprayed parchment sheets. Leave plenty of space in between each one, as dough will spread during baking. Allow cookies to rest while oven is preheated to 350°F.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until glossy and cracked and edges are set. Cookies will firm up once cooled.