GO TEXAN is more than just boots and barbecue. It’s a state of mind. From February 23-27, Phoenicia Specialty Foods and MKT BAR are celebrating the finest foods in Texas like the Hogtied Hamburger, complete with smoked gouda and ranch dressing or the MKT Frito Pie that’s got a nice little kick to it. Cool down some of that Texas spice with a Michelada or take a spin on the Buffalo Bayou Beer flight. And because everything’s sweeter in Texas, save room for our Mile High Key Lime Pie.
MKT BAR is country music headquarters during GO TEXAN week, showcasing the best in local music from many of Houston’s most talented musicians. It’s live music and grub with a country kick from February 23-27.
Between our great grub and toe-tapping country music, there’s simply no other place to GO TEXAN this February.
MKT BAR GO TEXAN MUSIC & GRUB NIGHTS OFFERINGS
Available Tuesday, February 23 – Saturday, February 27 at MKT BAR. The regular MKT BAR dinner menu will also be available.
– MKT Frito Pie with Haig’s Chili – ground chuck steak with onions, roasted peppers, fava beans and chickpeas $8
– ½ BBQ Rotisserie Chicken with MKT potato salad and spicy fried okra $12.99
– Hogtied Hamburger – ground chuck with smoked gouda, ranch dressing, tomato and bacon on challah bun with za’atar fries $12.99
– Brined and Grilled Pork Chop with MKT potato salad and spicy fried okra $16.99
MKT BAR Drink Specials
– Michelada $6
– Buffalo Bayou Beer Flight $7
– Mile High Key Lime Pie $7
MKT BAR GO TEXAN Music Line-Up
Tuesday, February 23
Nick Gaitan, 6-9PM
Thursday, February 25
Vinyl Ranch – Classic Country DJs, 5-8PM
Max Flinn Band – Honky Tonk Outlaw Classic Country, 8-11PM
Friday, February, 26
Vinyl Ranch – Classic Country DJs, 6-9PM
Skrla Steel Trio – Country & Western Swing, 9PM-12AM
PHOENICIA SPECIALTY FOODS GO TEXAN WEEK IN-STORE SPECIALS
Available during the month of February
You can always take the taste of Texas home with you, too. Stroll on over to the butcher shop and pick up our Peppercorn Rubbed Pork Tenderloin, Phoenicia Bratwurst and Garlic & Herb Sausage on a stick and Cayenne Cheddar Burgers. Two-step your way into the market for a variety of local items like pickles, barbecue rubs and sweet Texas treats.
– Bourbon Pecan Bread Pudding
– Rodeo-themed cookies
Butcher Shop Offerings
– Peppercorn Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
– Phoenicia Bratwurst and Garlic & Herb Sausage on a stick
– Cayenne Cheddar Burgers
– Rodeo Beer: Karbach Rodeo Clown Double IPA, Southern Star Pine Belt Pale Ale
– Local Honeys: Honeycraft Honey, Stroop Farms Wildflower Honey
– Coffee and Wine: Phoenicia Coffee House Texas Doodle Coffee Beans,Chisholm Trail Texas Wines,
– Pickles: Yee Haw Hot Damn Dills/No Frills Dills, Bravado Spice Chili & Garlic, Smither Family Relish, Talk of Texas Okra Pickles
– Rubs/Sausages/BBQ Tools: Van Ruehling Rubs, Salt Lick Dry Rubs, Bob Tallman’s Steakhouse and All Around Rubs, Chappell Hill Sausages, Pinces de Barbecue Tongs and Spatula
– Sweet Texas Treats by Sinfull Bakery, Lady Lavender Confections, Wackym’s Cookies, Big Lil’ Fudge, Sweets by Belen Alfajores
– Cookbooks with a Texas Twist: Houston’s Top 100 Food Trucks, Houston Small Plates & Sips, The Ultimate Food Lover’s Guide to Houston
Reality is a mental labyrinth / ignorance, its linear beast.
When ignorance fuels destruction / history, strategically repeats.
Awareness of awareness / elevates the dreamer from its sleep.
Dare to dream awake / encourage memory beyond illusionary feats.
If knowledge is power / grant wisdom to reign supreme.
Unearth your history / from this labyrinth we dream.
Ye are stars / reality sets free.
Love is the path / imagination has its doors / transformation, your key.
Santos Guerrero’s compositions blend inter-dimensional time/space narratives to create surrealist landscapes, often centered around anti-form line compositions. He employs a vast range of techniques from oil-based, acrylic, industrial and aerosol paints to avant-garde forms involving various forms of medium-applications, all with a keen eye for the emotive power of color.
The opening reception on February 19th from 8PM-midnight features a music line-up including Wonky Powers recording artist George West and deejay FREDster with special guest, multi-platinum music producer The ARE, whose credits include work for LL Cool J, Nicki Minaj and Houston’s own K-OTIX, whose latest album features cover art by Guerrero.
In honor of the artist’s hometown of Monterrey, Mexico a Santos-inspired ceviche and michelada will be available for purchase at the opening reception.
Opening Reception: Friday, February 19, 2016, 8PM-midnight
Exhibition On View: February 19 – April 17, 2016
Opening Reception Music Line-up
8:30-9:30PM – The ARE
9:45-10:45PM – George West
All artwork will be available for purchase and the artist will be in attendance at the opening reception.
We’ve been named one of Houstonia’s Best Neighborhood bars in Downtown Houston! Relax and unwind with terrific prices on select beverages and tasty treats.
* $5 wines by the glass
* $4 draft beer / $3 bottles
* Appetizer specials
Check out our calendar for more MKT BAR happenings.